Friday, October 17, 2008

Prophetic song for those who have lost a child

Jon Payne is the son of my pastor, Pete Payne, and he is the worship pastor at Sovereign Grace Church in Gilbert, Arizona. While leading worship at a recent conference, Jon sang a spontaneous and prophetic song directed at those who have lost children. I have not lost a child, though I have close friends who have. It is an unbearable agony and no matter how much it hurt me to walk with my friends and family who have experienced this, it doesn't compare to the pain and anguish that they have themselves experienced and continue to experience. I care deeply for these friends and loved ones, but my level of care doesn't compare with that of the Lord for them. The Lord's compassion is displayed in many different ways, and I am immensely grateful for the way that he uses his instruments such as Jon to minister to his people.



(HT: Worship Matters)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home